Autumn Writing Prompt set 2
You will receive:
★ 30 descriptive writing prompts
★ In 2 forms: projector and worksheet
★ Gorgeous designs and rigorous writing tasks
Inspire and engage your students with these gorgeous descriptive writing prompts. Included in this set are 30 writing prompts, each of which focuses on developing the technical aspects of good descriptive writing.
These writing prompts would be perfect for students in Year 7 – 9, although with some additional support from the teacher may be suitable for students in Year 5 – 6. If you are teaching GCSE English Language then these worksheets would make a fantastic homework task, revision activity, or to supplement your teaching of narrative and descriptive writing.
The writing prompts are divided into 6 sections, each section has 5 different writing prompts:
- Writing atmosphere – which focuses on creating setting and atmosphere.
- Write like a scientist – which builds the skill of precise, observational description.
- Action Write – which helps students write action and movement with precision and clarity.
- Place and perspective – which focuses on foregrounding and backgrounding in writing.
- Write in detail – looks at writing each tiny element on an object to create detailed descriptions.
- Structured Writing – where students are used to use a variety of details in each sentence.
Included in this digital download are:
★ One zip file containing 2 files: one semi-editable PowerPoint projector version of the writing prompts and one PDF worksheet version of the writing prompts
★ So you can save on copying costs by using the projector version in your classroom AND
★ Use the worksheets for group work, homework, intervention, cover work and much, much more!
★ Although the worksheets are in colour, they print and copy beautifully in black and white (and you can use the colour projector version to help students see the details!)
What are the benefits of this teaching resource? Here are just a few:
- Every writing task has several steps to help students think and plan before writing.
- Each task focuses on a key element of description.
- Students practise descriptive writing skills without it feeling dry or boring.
- Helps improve technical writing skills as well as brings more creative to lessons!
All resources have UK/British spelling and are designed to be printed on A4 paper.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.